Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu, Senior Style

Well, it's been 3 days since my surgery and I am up and back at it. Recovery was super speedy, an answer to prayer that's for sure - turning fear into faith can be pretty amazing. I'll be applying that to other areas of my life! A faith that almost looks careless to people looking from the outside in... somehow that finally makes sense. It's so great to know that God truly cares about all those details of our every day lives. What sweet relief, having climbed this 'mountain' which, in the end, turned out to have a tunnel carved right through the middle. Does that make any sense? It does to me...

My menu this week could be titled, "Soft Foods from around the World". I am looking forward to making my first Souffle and also trying out Tofu on the family. This week there is no soup of any kind, I've simply had too much of it the last few days.


Meats
Italian Style Meatloaf with Gravy
Mashed Potatoes and Sweet Green Peas

Eggs
Salmon Souffle
Baby Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Vegetarian
Noodle Bowl with Stir Fried Vegetables, Tofu and Peanuts

Noodles
Spaghetti with fresh Tomato Sauce
Broccoli Salad

No comments: